Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for Construction
|2019 Aug 12 - 15||Tulsa, OK||$759|
|2019 Oct 08 - 11||OKC||$759|
|2019 Dec 03 - 06||OKC||$759|
|2020 Jan 07 - 10||Tulsa, OK||$759|
This course is designed for individuals interested in teaching the 10- and 30-hour construction safety and health Outreach Training Program to their employees and other interested groups. Using OSHA Construction Standards as a guide, special emphasis is placed on those topics required in the 10- and 30-hour programs as well as those which are most hazardous. Students are briefed on effective instructional approaches and use of visual aids and handouts. This course allows the student to become a trainer in the OSHA Outreach Training Program, to conduct both 10- and 30-hour Construction Outreach classes, and to issue cards to participants after verifying course completion. Students who wish to participate as authorized Outreach trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program must prepare a presentation on an assigned OSHA Construction Outreach Training Program topic individually or as part of a group and successfully pass a written exam at the end of the course.
30 Contact Hours, 3.0 CEUs
- Students must successfully complete the OSHA #510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Construction (within 7 years) and have five (5) years of safety and health work experience in the construction industry. A degree in occupational safety and health, a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation may be substituted for two (2) years of work related experience. Students should obtain guidance on whether they meet this requirement from the OSHA Training Institute Education Center where they intend to receive the training. Authorized OSHA Outreach Training Program trainers are required to attend OSHA #502 Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers at least once every four (4) years to maintain their trainer status.
- Prerequisites must be verified in order to register
- Complete the Prerequisite Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration includes handouts and light refreshments.
- For further information or questions, please call 405-744-5639.
- Bringing your laptop computer is suggested but not required.
Registrations may be canceled five (5) business days prior to the start of the course and receive a full refund. Within 5 days prior to the start of the course, registrants that cancel will be responsible for 25% of the course fee. Registrants that have paid and cancel without proper notification will receive a 75% refund. The registrants who fail to attend the course without any prior notification will be responsible for the full course fee. Substitutions may be made at anytime without penalty prior to the course starting date. In the event that OSU has to cancel a course, OSU will not be responsible for any cancellation charges assessed by airlines, travel agencies, hotels, etc...